- Maintain knowledge of the overall construction processes and operating practices in the GCC, and ensure Awareness of the suppliers and sub-contractors in the market.
- Review and comment on Tender Documents (from an MEP view) including Bills of Quantities, Value Engineering, queries and the like.
- Review and comment on the MEP design including drawings and technical specifications.
- Monitor & Coordinate all MEP issues with counterparts from other Project parties including engineering, procurement and installation of all MEP systems to ensure utmost integrity and functionality of all elements are duly maintained. Report to the Project Manager accordingly.
- Monitor the performance of the consultant(s) and contractor(s) with regards to the MEP aspect to ensure compliance with the relevant standards and specs.
- Review package contractors’ technical submittals and test reports in coordination with the PMC & Consultant, and issue comments for compliance.
- Identify and highlight problems in advance of impact on the works.
- Assist the Project Manager in preparing periodical reports and other reports.
- Review, Participate & Assist the Project Team in value engineering exercises & in selecting proper constructability methods based on safe design and functionality.
- Assist in processing payment applications and advise your Project Manager & Commercial team of technical issues needed for variations, disputes, workmanship, work quality... etc.
- Assist your Project Team by providing knowledge of the prevailing MEP codes of practice, regulations, and specifications for the construction industry.
- Interface/coordinate logistics & quality assurance with Project Team Companies.
- Attend all periodic progress & technical meetings held with all relevant parties.
- Review & comment on Progress & other reports submitted by project parties.
- Assist Project Team in following up with the Authorities to speed up the approval process and obtain construction NOCs.
- Monitor site inspection plans and approval process, and participate in the testing and commissioning process in coordination with the project leaders.
- Monitor the preparation of record drawings and operating and maintenance manuals.
- Develop close business relationships with the project professional team.
Candidate must have:
- BSc Electrical, Mechanical or equivalent Engineering degree.
- Excellent written and spoken English
- UAE construction experience, in particular Abu Dhabi authority regulations.
- A design background or a proven ability to review MEP designs in a thorough manner.
- An ability to work effectively within a team and to manage intermediate & junior engineers.
The ideal candidate will also have:
- Experience working with MEP BIM models.
- Experience with document control and project management tools such as ProjectWise, Primavera.
- MSc degree in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or equivalent.
Minimum BSc. MSc preferred.
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
Employer (Private Sector)
Full Time Employee
Monthly Salary Range:
Number of Vacancies:
Years of Experience: