GISCO has got its QHSE management system upgraded to meet the requirements of the new versions of ISO9001 & ISO14001. In Dec 2017 the management system has been certified by Intertek Certification Limited to ISO 9001:2015 & ISO14001:2015. Also the OHSAS 18001 certificate was renewed and got accredited by UKAS management systems. The new certificates are valid till Dec 2020.
What benefits does the new version bring? The new version of the standard brings the user a number of benefits.
FOR ISO 9001:2015
- Puts greater emphasis on leadership engagement
- Helps address organizational risks and opportunities in a structured manner
- Uses simplified language and a common structure and terms, which are particularly helpful to organizations using multiple management systems, such as those for the environment, health & safety, or business continuity
- Addresses supply chain management more effectively
- Is more user-friendly for service and knowledge-based organizations
- Increased prominence of environmental management within the organization's strategic planning processes
- Greater focus on leadership
- Addition of proactive initiatives to protect the environment from harm and degradation, such as sustainable resource use and climate change mitigation
- Improving environmental performance added
- Lifecycle thinking when considering environmental aspects
- Addition of a communications strategy